Person Centered Planning:
The services that you receive are based on YOU and your assessed needs. Do people listen to you? Do you have choices? Do your services meet your unique needs and preferences? These are important things to discuss with your Case Manager.
The Case Management Agency you choose will provide you with a Case Manager who will help you.
He/she is responsible for:
• Arranging Waiver and other services to meet your needs such as ordering medical equipment and supplies, setting up home-delivered meals, etc.
• Calling you each month to see if your needs have changed and to make sure your current services are meeting your needs
• Making visits to your home at least every six months
• Helping with your yearly medical and financial eligibility
• Working with you to develop a Service Plan that addresses all of your needs and considers your preferences
• Advocating for you to protect your rights and access services
• Helping you with the Fair Hearing process if needed